SuiteCRM Journey : Day 1
Right! , You got an assignment with Suitecrm Tutorial.
Feeling Novice, Don’t know where to start with? There is a lot to do? Plenty of documents/videos over web, still confusing? Where to go for ” Best SuiteCRM Tutorial ” ? This blog may right for you as kick start your journey.
Let us try together…
- First get latest version from their site i.e suitecrm.com
- Now Get ready with wamp / xampp , with right set of PHP / MySQL. As for writing this blog , PHP 7.1 and mySQL 5.7 are working combo.
- Copy your suiteCRM zip over web folder and unzip it then it will throw you to install, fill up all info , now SuiteCRM will be installed and ready to use.
- Now Login as admin, Your goals in this area are development tools.
- There are 2 main tools to start with-By customizing Existing Module i.e Studio and By Developing New Modules i.e Module Builder.
- Module Builder is a right tool to start with. Before developing new modules you should know a few things.
- There are basically six types of Modules-
If a module is going to store information like Email Address / Phone number or any personal info, it’s type must be person or company. In the same way if you want to store amount , it should be “Sale” type.
- Package Type are-
- Deploy – The custom module will appear in Studio.Publish – create a zip file containing the custom module package to be saved on your local machine. The custom module will appear in Studio once the package is installed via Module Loader.Additional configurations can be made to the custom module via Studio as necessary.
- Export – Create a zip file containing the custom module package to be saved on your local machine.The custom module package will be visible in Module Builder once it is installed via Module Loader.Further customizations can be made to the custom module via Module Builder before deploying it in the instance.
- While you are thinking to develop 5 packages in a single module each then you should keep these things in your mind-
- Keep them separate.
- Each type of module in each package.
- Each type of module in each package. Once ready deploy one by one.
- It is quite necessary to understand each module comes with a different set of fields, e.g where a Person based modules come with Primary and Alternate address, An Company based module comes with Billing and Shipping addresses. Because of their nature in handling data sets, it is very important to understand that what type of field comes by default..
- Now It’s time to understand about relationships i.e one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many. It will be Depends upon your needs and relationship between your modules.
- If you have 2 modules i.e A and B , In one to many kind of relationship, B will comes in Sub-panel of A’s Detailview on the other hand A will come as Relate fields of B’s Editview / DetailView.
- If you have M-2-M relationships between A and B modules , both will come under sub-panels in each detailViews.
Keep Going Changes, Develop several modules , after deploying Move to “Studio Suitecrm Tutorial” for further Customization.
For best practice just keep these little things in your mind-
- Never re-deploy a package in a production environment because re-deploying a package will remove all customizations related to your module.
- Each package should have only one module inside it.
- After deploying, it should further customize with “Studio”. Studio is a subset of “Module Builder” for further ongoing customization.
- The relationship between 2 modules must be defined only once. So keep your eye on their nature of relationship before saying it is 1-M or M-2-M.
Keep yourself busy in developing several packages, play with relationships. Adjust Editviews , DetailViews , ListViews , Popups , Searches, Dash lets etc.
Studio is a best part to make it.
As this is just Day 1 Suitecrm Tutorial, keep your eyes in learning screens, fields, types, layouts, etc.
Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow!
Watch this video to get more help.
In Next Chapter, we will go in some advanced techniques, in-depth understanding of Core.
Click here for video Tutorials -: